On Monday night, we watched Breaking Dawn: Part 1. (Yes, we're way behind on our movie watching!) I liked the Twilight books & movies, from a pure entertainment stand point. There were many parts of the movie where we joked about how cheesy it was. I was in shock with how thin they made Bella during her pregnancy! I googled it, though, & Kristen Stewart was not required to loose all that weight. Whew! Thank goodness for CGI.
Here's what we've been eating in the last week:
- Whole Wheat Sourdough Pancakes
- Yogurt with a variation on my Millet & Oat Granola
- Cereal: Puffed Millet, Puffed rice & Puffed Kamut with vanilla almond milk on it.
- Zucchini Overnight oats: 1/2 c rolled oats, 1/3 c almond milk, 1 tsp. chia seeds, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 c shredded zucchini
- Angela's Oil-Free Chocolate Zucchini Walnut Muffins - These turned out really well! They were quick & simple to make. I think I should have increased the baking time slightly, to fully cook the zucchini, but they're still yummy! (Note: The recipe says it makes 12, but I ended up with 20 muffins.)
- Fresh fruit: peaches, canteloupe, banana
- Raw zucchini w/ marinara dipping sauce
- Trail mix (spelt pretzels, dried apples, dried cranberries, cashews, choc chips)
- Angela's Oil-Free Chocolate Zucchini Walnut Muffins
- Jessica's Sweet Corn & Roasted Jalapeno Hummus with carrot sticks & spelt pretzels
- Apples, plums, canteloupe, pineapple
- Make Your Own Salad Bar w/ friends - mixed greens, tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, apple, strawberries, sunflower seeds, avocado, tortilla strips, croutons - and wine, of course!
- Grilled pizza - like these but with some different toppers (marinara sauce, zucchini, chard, onions, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, & olives)
- Salad with Brittany's Honey Mustard Dressing (I reduced the olive oil & added more vinegar - we love a good kick to our salads. This was delicious, as it had a nice creamy quality without being heavy.)
- Rehearsal dinner for my brother-in-law's wedding!
- Mama Pea's Vegan Almond Joy Cookie Bars - These are delicious!!! I liked them better the day after they were baked. The flavors seemed to meld after they sat a little.