Last week, we got a heating pad. I was going to use it, so I plugged it in & got it set up (but didn't turn it on). I went to the other room to get a glass of water, came back, & saw that Tink had decided it was her new spot. She somehow knew it would be a warm place to sit!
We were off on Monday together & ended up going to Troeg's in the afternoon to try their new bourbon barrel troegenator. It was delicious!!! The first bourbon barrel ale I had was in Kentucky & I still remember how good it was. This was about equally delicious. Yum!!
The skies were so pretty during the cold spell earlier in the week. That sun!
Yeah, it was a cold week. But I'm very thankful for a safe house & lots of sweaters & winter jackets. We got a ton of snow, which was fun to watch fall, especially because we were at home & not trying to fight our way through it.
We're staying warm & doing lots of skiing this weekend. What about you?
Here's what we've been eating in the last week:
- Ashley's Cheesy Veggie Taco Millet Bake - We seem to have officially made Saturday nights Mexican night & we're loving it! This recipe had several steps, but wasn't actually all that labor intensive. And it was really good! I'd make a few changes next time - less cheese, more veggies - but it's a keeper recipe for sure!
- Veggie burgers with sweet potato fries
- Casear salad
- Mega salads
- Curried lentil veggie soup
- Toasted Summer's Oatmeal Sandwich Bread topped with kale, onions, mushrooms, & smoked gouda cheese
- Roasted butternut squash cubes with thyme - our new favorite way to season this squash! The thyme compliments the sweetness so well.
- Green salad
- Martha Stewart's One Pan Pasta - We had a lot of cherry tomatoes in the freezer from over the summer, so I used triple the amount, making this more of a soup than a traditional pasta. It was great!
- Green salad
- Out to eat on the way from skiing to the cabin
- Chocolate coconut ice cream with pb oatmeal cookie chunks
- Trader Joe's sipping chocolate
- S'mores brownies
- Angela's Peanut Better Balls