Last weekend, we made homemade ravioli! It was fun, but a lot of work for the amount that we got. We didn't use any cheese - instead, half were stuffed with a mushroom cashew filling & the other half had a sweet potato filling. Both were really good & went well with the tomato mushroom sauce we served them with. Plus we had plenty to freeze for future meals!
We've been watching Pixi, my parents' cat, this week. They had a wall of wine crates set up to block her from getting into the living room where Mom's quilt is set up, but she was in there when I got there. Sneaky cat!
These are a few of my new favorite things! Right before we left for Florida, I got The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out in the mail. I had pre-ordered it through Amazon & couldn't wait to check it out. I love her vegan recipes & have been reading & cooking from her blog for years. This cookbook hasn't disappointed yet! I made a few things from it this week (see below!) & have lots more bookmarked to try soon.
The other favorite from the picture is almond milk lattes! We have an Aerolatte Frother, which works great. Plus W has been practicing & he's can get the froth to be 2 inches thick. Yum! Then he tops it with either cinnamon-sugar or cocoa-coffee from these grinders we bought at Trader Joe's. It's sooooo good! I wish coffee shops would offer almond milk instead of always having just soy milk.
Happy weekending! Hope you have fun plans & it's not too rainy. It's supposed to rain here, but I have lots of house stuff to do so I'll be cozy inside.
Here's what we've been eating in the last week:
- Hungry Girl Por Vida's Blueberry Lemon Dutch Baby - This was basically a baked pancake. The thing that made it special was the blueberry sauce - yum!
- Tropical Green Monster Smoothies from The Oh She Glows Cookbook - I usually use bananas in our smoothies, so this was a fun change of pace. Plus the flavors were spot on fantastic!
- Angela's Raw Chocolate Hazelnut Breakfast Parfait - We liked the flavor a lot, but aren't huge into the texture, so I turned half of this into pancakes, which were delicious!
- Happy Healthy Mama's Lightened Up Homemade Granola
- Bananas & grapefruit
- Spaghetti squash with onions, zucchini, & bell peppers
- Grilled cheese on Everything Onion Bread from Sandi's Breads
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Kale & Pecan Parmesan from The Oh She Glows Cookbook - Loved this!!!!!
- Oranges, grapefruit, & apples
- Brittany's Peanut Butter Vegetarian Chili - The combination of using tomato sauce & peanut butter made this a nice thick chili. We'll definitely make this again!
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper Crostini from Sandi's Breads
- Homemade whole wheat ravioli, stuffed with vegan mushroom filling & sweet potato turnip filling
- Green salad
- Kale salad with baked sweet potato, carmelized onions, pecans, & a cinnamon apple dressing
- Portobello "Steak" Fajitas from The Oh She Glows Cookbook - I wasn't sure the time for marinating the mushroom was enough, but it was perfect. This is my new favorite way to prepare portobello caps.
- Red quinoa with grilled zucchini & asparagus
- Green salad
- Roasted Brussels sprouts with red quinoa
Dinner at Hershey Road Family Restaurant for my mother-in-law's birthday
- Veggie burgers with side salad
- Angela's Chocolate Peanut Butter Chews
- Snowflake cookies
- Trader Joe's Sipping Chocolate
- Summer's Gluten & Dairy Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - I added dried cranberries & walnuts to these, too. They were soooo good!