I'm hoping for a nice relaxing weekend that involves biking, going to market, playing with Tink, & lots of reading.
Here's what we've been eating in the last week:
- Cooking Light's Zucchini Bread - I used this basic recipe, but made a few changes. It's our new favorite zucchini bread recipe!
- Cinnamon Spiced Pumpkin Quinoa - so good!
- Pumpkin baked oatmeal with peanut butter & Trader Joe's Cranberry Apple Butter
- Pineapple/Peach yogurt with The Stone Soup's Lentil Granola - This granola has a great crunch & it's full of nutrients from the lentils.
- Cereal: Puffed Millet, Puffed rice & Puffed Kamut with vanilla almond milk
- Fresh fruit: nectarines, bananas
- Vibrant Lemon & Avocado Kale Salad with Roasted Beets
- Apples & plums
- Katie's Melty Pizza Hummus with carrot sticks & baked blue corn chips
- Cheezy Jalapeno Hummus with sweet potato chips
- Jessica's Sweet Potato Quinoa Cakes - Loved these! They take a bunch of chopping, but then they come together quickly. We used all basil instead of cilantro.
- Heidi's Garlicky Greens made using kale - These were quick to make & had a ton of flavor! We'll be keeping this recipe to make again.
- Spaghetti Squash & Eggplant Casserole topped with Broiled Cherry Tomatoes - I threw this together with veggies we had around. I think it could be a new favorite!
Traditional choir night dinner at Mom & Pops' house.
- Zucchini Pie
- Tomato Salad
- Mushroom & Zucchini Salad
- Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Kale
- Girls' night at a friend's house!
- Banana soft serve
- Mini canteloupe halves from our garden with mini chocolate cupcakes
- Coconut Apple Crisp
- Ginger Apple Squares