July 20, 2013

Tasty Tidbits


It's been so hot, I had to pull out some pictures of cooler times. A few months ago, we had a campfire & had to wear hoodies! No fires lately...we tried one on July 4 & got so hot we let it die before we even had s'mores.


My phone's background is now a picture of skiing in Vermont. Just looking at that snow & remembering the fun we had cheers me up every time I see it!


Oh spring...I love seeing the crocuses come up. This was when I was wishing for warm weather...I'm never satisfied with the season we're in. Except maybe fall. Ever since I graduated college, I've embraced my love for fall. I always loved it, with the crisp weather, pretty leaves changing, & my birthday, but now that the back-to-school bit isn't involved, it's truly my favorite time of year.

We have some plans with family & friends this weekend, but nothing major. There's plenty to do around the house & maybe I'll venture out to work in the garden. I'm hoping for lots of rain!


Here's what we've been eating in the last week:

Breakfasts
  • Blueberry yogurt with Coconut Granola 
  • Mama Pea's Blueberry Muffins with peanut butter
  • Oatmeal with peanut butter & coconut
  • Puffed rice & millet cereal with sliced peaches, blueberries, & unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • Mango chocolate protein green smoothie
  • Bananas & cherries

  
Lunches
  • Sandwiches
  • Leftovers
  • Lentil veggie burgers
  • Guacamole with salsa & blue corn chips
  • Chipotle black bean dip with whole wheat crackers
  • Carrots & cucumber slices
  • Peaches, watermelon & cherries

Dinners


Saturday:
  • Mega salads
Sunday:
Monday:
  • Food Doodles' Lightened Up Zucchini Alfredo (made with zucchini noodles) - We really liked the flavors in this, but the sauce was pretty runny. It might be because we didn't use any regular pasta, just zucchini noodles, so I would like to try it again with the combo. Next time, though, I'd start with less almond milk & then add more if needed.
  • Cucumber slices & carrot sticks with dip
Tuesday:
  • Corn on the cob - Super hot summer days just scream for simple, fresh food. Hence, corn on the cob for dinner!
  • Green salad


Wednesday:
Thursday:
  • Homemade sourdough tortillas filled with a black bean, zucchini, eggplant, onion, mushroom, & kale mixture, topped with mango avocado salsa
Friday:
  • Grilled romaine Caesar salads
Treats
(apparently this was a week for frozen treats...couldn't have been because of the crazy heat or anything...)
  • Oh Lady Cake's S'mores Ice Cream - This was one of the easier ice cream recipes I've tried lately. It was also one of the tastiest. And it was vegan! You'd never know. S'mores + ice cream = summer food love.
  • Banana soft serve with raw cookie dough bites
  • Summer's German Chocolate Cake (gluten free) - Mom made this for dessert with my grandparents. It was very good - you would never know it's gluten free & it was super chocolatey!
  • Rainbow Snow (cone w/ pb ice cream for me, choc milkshake for W)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...