January 18, 2014

Tasty Tidbits

 
 
I found a fun article for you all about vegetarians. It's The 17 Dumbest Things Vegetarians Have To Deal With and it's so true!  I especially agree with #2, #4, #5, & #14. I think #14 is the one that really gets me on my soap box, though. Don't tell me you're a vegetarian and then follow it with, "but I do eat fish." No! Then you're pescetarian. That's totally your choice, but then don't label yourself otherwise...
 
While we're looking at lists about vegetarians, here's a great list of 15 Basic Recipes Every Vegetarian Should Master. Just looking at those pictures makes me hungry!

 
We're going to be spending the weekend relaxing, cross country skiing (as long as there's enough snow!), eating, & playing games. YAY!
 



 


Here's what we've been eating in the last week:

Breakfasts
Lunches
  • Grilled cheese with tomato soup
  • Sandwiches
  • Leftovers
  • Pizza
  • Grapefruit, oranges, apples & clementines
Dinners

Saturday:
  • Veggie chickpea curry
Sunday:
  • Vegan cheezy brown rice noodles with mushrooms, cabbage, onion, & kale 
Monday:
  • Mega salads with roasted root veggies
Tuesday:
  • Grilled tofu brats
  • Green salad
Wednesday:
  • The Comfort of Cooking's Southwestern Stuffed Spaghetti Squash - We liked this but didn't love it. I added cubed avocado & cut way back on the cheese, which was tasty, but overall I think it needed more flavor. Maybe double of all the spices? I think the spaghetti squash soaked up most of what was there.
  • Green salad


Thursday:
Dinner at Mom & Pops' before choir
  • Polenta with roasted tomato sauce
  • Green salad
  • Plum cake
Friday:
  • Dinner on the way to the cabin

Treats

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...