When we have time, I love to sit & have coffee/tea in the morning. Sadly, it's very rare, but we did take a moment recently to just savour breakfast together.
This cat is a serious problem. We can't go in or out the kitchen door without her being right there, trying to sneak outside. Sometimes, I let her out just to avoid the hassle of trying to keep her in. Lately, if I do that, she loves going onto the garden (this is where we planted potatoes this year).
W got Tink a harness so that she can go outside with us & we don't have to worry so much. She hates it, but is slowly learning that if she wears it she'll be allowed out. He had her wearing it around the house one evening & she somehow found her way out of it. That doesn't bode well for keeping her secure outside!
Our flowers are blooming & something new pops out every day. I love the bleeding heart.
Spring is here at last!
We both have off this weekend & are doing a outdoor work day at the church followed by dinner with friends.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there, including mine!
Here's what we've been eating in the last week:
- Pizza with spelt beer crust (3 kinds: vegan cashew cheese + Brussels, marinara sauce + ramps, & bbq sauce + onions + mushrooms)
Dinner cooked by campfire
- Foil packets:
- Portobella caps topped with cashew cheeze & spinach
- Butternut squash & ramps
- Zucchini, onions, & red bell pepper
- S'mores (of course!)
- Whole wheat mini shell pasta with ramps & mushrooms
- Bean burgers
- Grilled zucchini
- Popcorn with Ashley's Vegan Parmesan
- Side Saddle Kitchen's Raw Vegan Banana Ice Cream Pie with a Macaroon Crust - You have to try this!!! It was delicious.
- Ashley's Vegan & Gluten Free Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies