February 14, 2012

A Peek into My Kitchen


I thought you might enjoy a little peek into my kitchen. I had a major cooking/baking day on Sunday, so here are some shots of what I was up to.

Above, you can see the beginning stages of making Cheddar, Beer and Mustard Pull-apart Bread.

White whole wheat flour, sea salt, my Kitchen Aid, Dijon mustard, black pepper mill, kitchen scale, hot sauce, eggs, vegan Worcestershire sauce, spices for the filling, warmed beer + butter


While that was rising, I tried out a new waffle recipe. I'm on a kick with using frozen cherries we got from my in-laws, so when I found this recipe for Whole Wheat Chocolate Cherry Waffles, it seemed like a perfect special treat for Valentine's week breakfasts.

This project is a little teaser for a future post. :-)

Valentine's cookies, in the icing stage.


The pull-apart bread, completed. Boy was that delicious!!

What you don't see in all of these shots is that on the other side of the kitchen, the Bup was making a HUGE mess installing a tile back splash!! No more weird rose color!

It was a little different preparing everything with the stove halfway out of it's usual spot & everything out of place. Our dining room table is currently the catch-all for kitchen stuff. I like a challenge, though, & I only tripped over the stove once!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...