August 15, 2012

Dinner at Highlands Grill


We continuted the Bup's birthday celebration on Monday night. He got a coupon from Hershey's SweetMail for a free entree at any of the Hershey restaurants. When Highlands Grill first opened, I was still a concierge, so we got the chance to go to the pre-opening & experience it. We both really enjoyed it & have been wanting to go back ever since. The restaurant is set on the grounds of the Hershey Links golf course, so the dining overlooks the golf course & in the distance you can see The Hotel Hershey. We ate outside since it was such a nice evening.


To start, we had beer! I got the Sam Adams seasonal, which is the Fall variety already. Time's flying! The birthday boy got Yuengling Porter (on tap - he was happy).


I was so excited to see that they had a Strawberry Spinach salad on their menu! It came with a light vinaigrette, thinly sliced almonds, & blue cheese crumbles. I thought it was a little pricey, but they did give me a decent sized portion.


The Bup had his usual favorite - Caesar Salad. It had thinly sliced parmesan cheese & brioche croutons on it.


My main dish was the Vegetable Flatbread, with roasted tomatoes, broccoli, caramelized onions, baby spinach, red sauce & fresh mozerella. The crust was nicely crisped & I loved the broccoli on top. Plus, I had enough that I brought some home for lunch the next day.


For his dinner, the Bup had the Grilled Portabella Mushroom sandwich. It was a brioche roll stuffed with roasted veggies, provolone cheese, herb aioli, & the mushroom cap. I had a taste & it was delicious!


I was hesitant about getting dessert because every time I order chocolate cake at a restaurant, I'm disappointed. We decided to go for it anyway & split an order of the Flourless Chocolate Cake with layers of cake & chocolate buttercream, topped with dark chocolate ganache. It sounded so good, but just wasn't chocolatey! I wasn't impressed. I need to always remember this & not get the chocolate cake when we're out.

Overall, it was a great evening & we enjoyed being there. I got a text from my mom part way through dinner that their van was making weird noises, so they might need us to pick them up. Thankfully, they made it home safely! We walked up later to drop off some things & say hi, which made for a nice end to a relaxing evening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...