I get a lot of questions from friends & family about what we eat. Although being a vegetarian is becoming much more mainstream, many people are still unsure about what we eat & what they might serve. I thought I'd start to do some posts on what we're eating.
This will also allow me to share some of our favorites that we eat often & some of the recipes I find on various blogs. I have a really long list in Excel of recipes to try & when we do (& love them), I'll share them with you!
Here's what we've been eating in the last week:
- Blueberry Coconut Quinoa Parfaits with Coconut Granola - I didn't roast the blueberries & this was still delicious!
- Vegan Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls - We found this recipe last year & now it's on the "must make" list for when blueberries are in season.
- Protein Peanut Butter (on bananas & on baked oatmeal!) - This stuff is so good! I was eating it by the spoonful when I made it.
- Fresh fruit: peaches, blueberries, canteloupe, bananas
- Grilled Eggplant Sandwiches
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries - Just slice them & roast them. So good!
- Out to Lazarro's for the Bup's b-day
- Whole Wheat Rotnini with Fresh Tomato Sauce (with portabello mushrooms added)
- Kale Salad (kale w/ the dressing on that link + cucumbers & sunflower seeds)
- Leftovers (Bup) / out with friends (me)
- Apple slices dipped in Reese's Pieces Fudge Frosting - This frosting makes a great dip. It's smooth & creamy while still fairly low in sugar, especially for a frosting.
- Chocolate Chip Blondies with Banana Soft Serve - Two of our favorite go-to desserts combined into a sundae!
- Mom's peach pie