This past week was very un-June-like. Lots of rain & cooler days. We're loving it, because it's like the weather in the northwest, so we're pretending our vacation is extended. :-)
Tink went crazy during the thunderstorms on Thursday morning. She was racing up & down the halls, jumping all around, & generally being chaotic. Crazy cat! It was her first real thunderstorm, though, so she was freaked out.
We appeased the cat by letting her come out to join us by the campfire last weekend. She sits at the window & paws at it when we're outside, so we feel bad. We're considering getting a leash so she can be out with us on her own. I think she'd like it.
We took a nice bike ride & then came back to relax outside. I'm trying to rush around less (ask me how that's going! ha!), so I've committed to spending more time on our patio this summer. Plus, we're not going to the beach & I'm pasty white. This should help.
My view of the kiwi plants while lounging on the patio. I think we should get a bunch this year, unless the birds beat us to them. We can't wait. Currently, we're gorging on strawberries & snap peas. They're both delicious!
Here's what we've been eating in the last week:
- Adrianna's Spicy Black Bean Cakes (leftover from Fri. night)
- Mama Pea's Strawberry Avocado Salsa with organic blue corn chips & rice crackers
Dinner at Mom & Pops'
- Eating Well's Snap Pea & Quinoa Salad - This looked so good, but was just ok. It was perfect to make ahead of time for a quick dinner, but I don't think I'd make it again. There are too many other great recipes out there!
- Chili & Lime Pistachios
- Eating Well's Roasted Garlic & Asparagus Salad
- Corn tortillas
- Green salad
- Pizza with gluten free brown rice crust
- Green salad