December 13, 2011

Catching Up

I haven't cooked dinner in over a week, so I haven't had anything to share. We've had so many family dinners, church dinners, & friend dinners that my kitchen is wondering what happened to me.



All I've really been cooking is oatmeal & sweet potatoes.

To note: it's totally possible to burn oatmeal to a blackened char in the slow cooker. I set it on high, planning to turn it to low right before I went to bed. I woke up at 3am, wondering who was baking cookies because the house smelled delicious. Then the smell woke me up again a little before 6am & I leaped out of bed to go turn it off. We still had breakfast, but we also had charred gunk to throw away. Yum.

Since I don't have a recipe or many pictures to share, here's a couple interesting links:

  • 3 Truths About Weight Loss You Need to Know - This is a concise article that I think really puts things into perspective. About 2 months ago I went from weighing myself almost every day to only weighing myself once every week or 2. My weight hasn't changed, & I feel better about not constantly monitoring it.

  • Stairs Get You There Faster Than Elevators - Studies prove that in a building with multiple levels (such as a hospital) people coud save 14 minutes a day just by using the stairs! I'm a stair climber myself - I probably got it from my mom who climbs every stair she comes across. We went to Italy & rented a small place that was over 80 stairs up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...