Over the weekend, we did a second cookie baking session. Sure, the first was successful & all, but can you ever really have too many cookies? There are so many delicious recipes out there to try!
In order as you see above, here's what we made.
1. Limoncello Pizzelles - The guys made both pizzelles, as usual. They're trying something new & flavoring them with liquors. To these, they also added lemon zest. It brought out the flavor nicely!
2. Cooking Light's Chocolate-Hazelnut Thumbprints - We loooooove these! It's always nice to have a chocolate cookie in the mix & these are pretty, too.
3. Apricot & Pistachio Biscotti - Usually you find pistachios combined with dried cranberries, so the addition of apricots is refreshing. Another thing I love about biscotti is that it keeps well. Perfect for when you have a lot of cookies around.
4. Joy's Vanilla Almond Orange Cloud Cookies - I never baked with almond paste before, so these were a change. Also, they're flour-free, so they're great for people with gluten allergies. They're chewy inside with a crisp outside. So good!
5. Kahlua Pizzelles - They were a little disappointed in the texture of these - they're not as crisp as usual. We're not sure what happened there, but the I'm not worried. They're still good!
6. Summer's Dirty Snowballs (not pictured) - These were least impressive of all the cookies. Maybe because they're frozen? They look cute, though. I think we'll try ours in banana soft serve, making a kind of blizzard treat.
I hope you're still in the cookie spirit! Happy baking!