This was a super busy week for us. We had meetings at church on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, plus choirs on Thursday. That topped with work, year end reports for church, & getting ready to leave for our ski vacation left little room for anything around the house. Tink tried to chip in, but as soon as she found the hammer she fell asleep.
Our living room is looking great, despite the lack of progress this week. It's insulated now, so the warmth stays in. The Bup put up 2 ceiling fans to circulate the air when we run the fireplace & it gets cozy in there. I can't wait till the drywall is up & we paint! I'll have more pictures later.
Anybody play Canasta? Last Friday night we played - it was a very close game! We both want to win, but are a little too nice because we know how it feels to be stuck with a handful of cards & not getting the chance to play them. (I ended up winning. Guess I'm just not as nice.) :-)
Here's what we've been eating in the last week:
- Brittany's Pizza with a Cauliflower Crust - Toppings: onions, mushrooms, kalamata olives, pineapple, avocado & a light sprinkling of gorgonzola - We really like the lightness & flavor of this crust. I think we should have baked it a little longer before adding the toppings, because it didn't hold together in the middle (still wet). I plan to try it again soon!
- Tomato, Mushroom, & Ravioli Soup - It's quick, easy & delicious!
- Green salad
Traditional choir night dinner at Mom & Pops'
- Whole wheat linguini with spicy tomato sauce
- Green Salad
- Trader Joe's Sipping Chocolate
- Katie's Chocolate Chip Blondies - These are a favorite recipe that I've made many times. Yum!
- Almond Amaretto Teeccino - I accidentally bought this, thinking it sounded like a great coffee flavor. Turns out, it's actually an herbal coffee, not made from coffee beans at all. I think it's great mixed with almost equal parts almond milk, but the Bup (a coffee lover) doesn't like it much. It's a bit sweeter & doesn't have that bitter endtaste like coffee does.