August 3, 2013

Tasty Tidbits - Birthday Week!


We had a wonderful time at the cabin last weekend. It was sunny all day Saturday, so we got to go for a long hike, do some gardening & stone moving, & enjoy the sunshine. Then it started to drizzle in the evening, followed by a mostly rainy night & day on Sunday. We love hearing the rain on the room & seeing it across the pond, so it was a great mix of the two.


The birthday boy was happy! He was spoiled this week, with 2 cakes (both chocolate with choc-pb icing. of course.), plus several special dinners & time with friends & family. That's the way birthday weeks should be! :-)

Here's what we've been eating in the last week:

Breakfasts
  • Blueberry yogurt with Cinnamon Spiced Granola 
  • Veggie omelets with honey whole wheat toast
  • Blueberry buckwheat pancakes
  • Whole grain rice krispies with fruit & almond milk
  • Oatmeal with peanut butter
  • Bananas, blueberries, & peaches

  
Lunches
  • Sandwiches
  • Leftovers
  • Smashed avocado on rice cakes
  • Fresh corn chowder
  • Peaches, watermelon, canteloupe, & honeydew


Dinners


Saturday:
At Bear Mtn. for W's birthday weekend! This dinner was his choice of menu.
Sunday:
Monday:
  • Baked Bruschetta Pasta - I had a sales dinner at work with a client who I went to college with - small world!! W ate the leftovers I brought home...this was a MEGA bowl of pasta, plenty for 2!
  • Green salad
Tuesday:
Potluck picnic at our house with church members
Wednesday:
  • Mama Pea's Zucchini Quinoa Lasagna - I made this a couple years ago & kept thinking I should make it again sometime. We have tons of zucchini right now, so I saw it as a sign. It was as good as I remembered!
  • Cooking Light's Balsamic Tomatoes - We love these & they're perfect for using up our crop of cherry tomatoes. They were delicious spooned over the lasagna.
Thursday:
  • Green salad with mushrooms, onions, dried cherries, cucumber, green pepper, almonds, & Italian Vinaigrette
Friday:
  • New potatoes with kale, cherry tomatoes, & garlic

Treats
  • May's Drive In - We always stop here on the drive home from the cabin. I got a scoop of chocolate marshmallow ice cream on a cone, W got an Oreo stormer (like a  Blizzard).
  • Bruster's for ice cream cones - They had the blood bank there, and I tried to give for the first time, but my iron level was 1 point too low, so I wasn't allowed. I know I'm prone to low iron, so I wasn't surprised. And they were nice enough to give me the free ice cream coupon anyway!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...