We had a wonderful time at the cabin last weekend. It was sunny all day Saturday, so we got to go for a long hike, do some gardening & stone moving, & enjoy the sunshine. Then it started to drizzle in the evening, followed by a mostly rainy night & day on Sunday. We love hearing the rain on the room & seeing it across the pond, so it was a great mix of the two.
The birthday boy was happy! He was spoiled this week, with 2 cakes (both chocolate with choc-pb icing. of course.), plus several special dinners & time with friends & family. That's the way birthday weeks should be! :-)
Here's what we've been eating in the last week:
- Baked Bruschetta Pasta - I had a sales dinner at work with a client who I went to college with - small world!! W ate the leftovers I brought home...this was a MEGA bowl of pasta, plenty for 2!
- Green salad
Potluck picnic at our house with church members
- Mama Pea's Zucchini Quinoa Lasagna - I made this a couple years ago & kept thinking I should make it again sometime. We have tons of zucchini right now, so I saw it as a sign. It was as good as I remembered!
- Cooking Light's Balsamic Tomatoes - We love these & they're perfect for using up our crop of cherry tomatoes. They were delicious spooned over the lasagna.
- Green salad with mushrooms, onions, dried cherries, cucumber, green pepper, almonds, & Italian Vinaigrette
- New potatoes with kale, cherry tomatoes, & garlic