October 12, 2013

Tasty Tidbits



Last weekend, my dad, uncle, & several of my cousins worked on this year's wine! The grapes came in on Friday & they got right to work. I stopped by on Wed. to feed the cat & punch down the grapes. I love the whooshing sound & the bubbles that come from the process!


Couch shopping was a little stressful. It's supposed to be fun, buying new furniture, but the overwhelming amount of options is crazy. Plus most sectionals are too big or not configurable for the space we have. We're still searching. At least we got a good idea of what we want. This was one that we looked at, but we don't really want a chaise on it.

So...we're having another rainy/floody October. Stay dry!

Here's what we've been eating in the last week:

Breakfasts
  • Watermelon smoothies
  • Pineapple Coconut Granola
  • The Sweet Life's Vegan Pumpkin waffles - We liked the flavor, but the batter was super wet, making less than crispy waffles. I'd add more flour if I try this again.
  • Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
  • Apple Pumpkin Beer Bread - I almost forgot I had this recipe in my archives. This time, I used almond milk instead of beer (not as fun, but more breakfast appropriate). I also reduced the liquid by 1/3 cup & made a regular loaf + a mini loaf. The mini loaf disappeared a little too quickly...
  • Bananas

Lunches


Dinners

Saturday:
  • Whole wheat rotini with Angela's Pumpkin Cheeze Sauce - A vegan fall favorite in our house! Tastes a lot like mac 'n cheese without all the heaviness.
Sunday:
  • Twice baked potatoes
  • Roasted cauliflower & onions
Monday:
  • Out with friends - me: I got the Elysian Night Owl Pumpkin Beer with my dinner. It was the best! Lots of spiced flavors, almost similar to pumpkin pie mixed with gingerbread, but still without being too heavy. We split hummus with veggies & nachos to go with the beer.
  • Leftover pasta with pumpkin sauce - W
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Dinner at Mom & Pops' before choir
  • Cauliflower with Peas over Forbidden Black Rice
  • Pepper Cabbage Slaw
Friday:
  • Tofu nuggets
  • Roasted buffalo cauliflower
  • Roasted butternut squash


Treats

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...