Last weekend, my dad, uncle, & several of my cousins worked on this year's wine! The grapes came in on Friday & they got right to work. I stopped by on Wed. to feed the cat & punch down the grapes. I love the whooshing sound & the bubbles that come from the process!
Couch shopping was a little stressful. It's supposed to be fun, buying new furniture, but the overwhelming amount of options is crazy. Plus most sectionals are too big or not configurable for the space we have. We're still searching. At least we got a good idea of what we want. This was one that we looked at, but we don't really want a chaise on it.
So...we're having another rainy/floody October. Stay dry!
Here's what we've been eating in the last week:
- Whole wheat rotini with Angela's Pumpkin Cheeze Sauce - A vegan fall favorite in our house! Tastes a lot like mac 'n cheese without all the heaviness.
- Out with friends - me: I got the Elysian Night Owl Pumpkin Beer with my dinner. It was the best! Lots of spiced flavors, almost similar to pumpkin pie mixed with gingerbread, but still without being too heavy. We split hummus with veggies & nachos to go with the beer.
- Leftover pasta with pumpkin sauce - W
- Joy's Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup - This was delicious! Super creamy & FULL of flavor. Plus, it was a fairly quick meal to prepare.
- Backwoods Home's Rustic Country Rye Bread for dipping in the soup
- Green salad
- Green salad
- Cauliflower with Peas over Forbidden Black Rice
- Pepper Cabbage Slaw
- Tofu nuggets
- Roasted buffalo cauliflower
- Roasted butternut squash
- Tessa's Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream with Crumbled Ginger Cookies
- Two Peas & Their Pod's Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - They're vegan, so that means I got to eat lots of batter! :-)
- Mom's Coconut Cake (leftover from their celebration of Mommom's b-day)