October 26, 2013

Tasty Tidbits




For my birthday breakfast, I wanted pancakes. I had a recipe I've been wanting to try & W said he'd make them for me. They were delicious!

A lot of the pancake recipes that we try are just so-so. The pictures look great, but then we find out they aren't quite what we want...too mushy, too thin, no flavor, etc. Since I started trying gluten free recipes, we've been very impressed. The pancakes have all been full of flavor & much fluffier than ones with wheat flour. My favorite gluten free mixture is the one Ashley from Edible Perspective uses - it's oat flour, almond meal, & sweet rice flour. Occassionally she adds ground flax, coconut flour, cornmeal, or raw buckwheat flour, all of which turn out great too. I love that she doesn't use any weird gums. Her recipes are all delicious & they don't have that gluten free taste that so many ones with gums do.



We had a great weekend at the cabin, just the two of us. I was sick with a bad cold, but it cleared up a lot with the mountain air. We hiked, played games, read, ate, & had a relaxing time.


We made a fancy birthday dessert that dirtied a LOT of dishes. Just look at that dark chocolatey goodness. We licked all the spoons! There are still leftovers in the freezer, so we'll be enjoying this again soon without all the effort.

Here's what we've been eating in the last week:

Breakfasts
  • Pineapple Coconut Granola
  • Ashley's GF Cinnamon Roll Pancakes - W made me these for my b-day breakfast. They are SO good. The best pancakes we've made in a looooooong time. They didn't even need any toppings, which blew our minds! Can't wait to make them again soon!
  • Ashley's Baked GF Peanut Butter Cup Donuts via Wit & Vinegar - Baked donuts...what's not to love?
  • Panera bagels (pumpkin spice for me, asiago for W)
  • Crumbled zucchini oat bars with puffed millet & unsweetened almond milk
  • Bananas + pb
Lunches
Dinners

Saturday:
Sunday:
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
  • Baked polenta topped with a sauce of mushrooms, peppers, onions, & tomatoes
  • Green salad
Thursday:
  • Tortilla pizzas
  • Green salad
Friday:
  • Spaghetti squash with tomato pepper sauce

Treats
  • FragrantVanillaCake.com's Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Cheesecake - This is what I decided to make for my birthday treat. It was delicious, though a lot of work to make. Super rich, which is something I rarely say, so I'm glad that it's a frozen dessert. We can take our time enjoying it & it won't go bad.
  • Pumpkin oreo stormer (me) / regular oreo stormer (Bup) - Our traditional May's ice cream stop on the drive home from the cabin!
  • Trader Joe's Sipping Chocolate - First cocoa of the season! We almost forgot how good it is...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...