Here's another throwback picture for you. Dad has a moustache! Yikes... Also, Mom with pigtails?! I love seeing my parents & grandparents looking so young. Mommom's laughing & it's just perfect. :-)
I know I keep saying how I love fall, but seriously! I love fall! Mom bought us a HUGE neck pumpkin, so I'm going to roast that soon. I've never seen one so big. I'll take a picture & share soon.
Last weekend, we borrowed my in-laws' truck to take our unsightly pile of yard waste to the local compost depository. This was load 1 of 2. Apparently we were hoarding yard waste...there were 2 old Christmas tree skeletons in the pile. Now we have a big bare spot in the back of the yard where the grass died. Time to start a new pile. This time we're going to try to clear it out more frequently.
It should be a good weekend. The grapes come in for wine making & I'm hoping to see one of my best friends. Yay!
- Beard & Bonnet's “Pulled” Cauliflower BBQ Sandwich - This was a very different way to prep cauliflower, but it was yummy & super easy. I want to try it again with some slight variations to give it a little more bbq flavor.
- Roasted potato wedges
- Balsamic cherry tomatoes
- Green salad
- Martha Stewart's One Pan Pasta - Our new go-to pasta...until the tomatoes & basil run out, at least. Then I'm going to try some variations!
- Roasted Brussels sprouts
- Leftover bulgur & roasted potato wedges
- Two bean & rice chili
- Zucchini & tomato salad
- Grilled pizza topped with pesto, bbq sauce, onions, mushrooms, & peppers
- Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Macaroons
- Rainbow Snow for ice cream - they closed on Monday, so last weekend we met friends there. Until next year, pb soft serve!
- Jessica's Amaretto Apple Crisp - I cut back on the amount of sugar (and used coconut sugar instead of brown), used brown rice flour in place of regular, tripled the amount of apples, & used coconut oil instead of butter. Simple replacements, to make it a bit healthier & less sweet. I always struggle with crisps being overly sweet. I prefer the fruit to shine through. The addition of amaretto, which was what called me to this recipe, was definitely a great decision. It makes the flavors really pop!
- Mom's apple turnover - Yum! Tis the season for apples. :-)