October 5, 2013

Tasty Tidbits



Here's another throwback picture for you. Dad has a moustache! Yikes...  Also, Mom with pigtails?! I love seeing my parents & grandparents looking so young. Mommom's laughing & it's just perfect. :-) 


I know I keep saying how I love fall, but seriously! I love fall! Mom bought us a HUGE neck pumpkin, so I'm going to roast that soon. I've never seen one so big. I'll take a picture & share soon. 


Last weekend, we borrowed my in-laws' truck to take our unsightly pile of yard waste to the local compost depository. This was load 1 of 2. Apparently we were hoarding yard waste...there were 2 old Christmas tree skeletons in the pile. Now we have a big bare spot in the back of the yard where the grass died. Time to start a new pile. This time we're going to try to clear it out more frequently.

It should be a good weekend. The grapes come in for wine making & I'm hoping to see one of my best friends.  Yay!



Here's what we've been eating in the last week:

Breakfasts


Lunches
  • Sandwiches
  • Leftovers
  • Variation on Angela's Delicata Squash Salad - I used half an avocado in the dressing instead of hemp seeds & it worked well. Lots of flavor!
  • Corn on the cob
  • Celery, carrots, & crackers with roasted garlic hummus
  • Apples, kiwi, & watermelon
Dinners

Saturday:
  • Beard & Bonnet's “Pulled” Cauliflower BBQ Sandwich - This was a very different way to prep cauliflower, but it was yummy & super easy. I want to try it again with some slight variations to give it a little more bbq flavor.
  • Roasted potato wedges
  • Balsamic cherry tomatoes
  • Green salad
Sunday:
Monday:
Tuesday:
  • Roasted Brussels sprouts
  • Leftover bulgur & roasted potato wedges
Wednesday:
  • Taco salads with lettuce, cucumbers, black beans, onions, corn, peppers, & double fire roasted salsa 
  • Mango guacamole with lime tortilla chips
Thursday:
Dinner at Mom & Pops' before choir
  • Two bean & rice chili
  • Cornbread
  • Zucchini & tomato salad
Friday:
  • Grilled pizza topped with pesto, bbq sauce, onions, mushrooms, & peppers



Treats
  • Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Macaroons
  • Rainbow Snow for ice cream - they closed on Monday, so last weekend we met friends there. Until next year, pb soft serve!
  • Jessica's Amaretto Apple Crisp - I cut back on the amount of sugar (and used coconut sugar instead of brown), used brown rice flour in place of regular, tripled the amount of apples, & used coconut oil instead of butter. Simple replacements, to make it a bit healthier & less sweet. I always struggle with crisps being overly sweet. I prefer the fruit to shine through. The addition of amaretto, which was what called me to this recipe, was definitely a great decision. It makes the flavors really pop!
  • Mom's apple turnover - Yum! Tis the season for apples. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...