Some co-workers told me about a place nearby that sells beer by the six pack. This is pretty exciting, since before now the only place I knew that offered that option was a Whole Foods a few hours away. If we want beer, we have to buy a case. That's a lot of beer, especially if you want to try something new! Anyway, I found this Tangerine Wheat flavor & it was surprisingly good! I usually like fruity wheat beers, but had only had cherry & various berry flavors before. The tangerine was light & refreshing. It's made by Lost Coast Brewery in CA, so definitely not a local beer, but I'd definitely get it again if I come across it!
I'm super excited because today's my birthday! Last Sunday, my parents had us over to celebrate because they left for vacation on Tuesday. I don't mind extending the celebration! We had a nice dinner with them & my grandparents, & then we played pinochle. Men vs. women & we each won once.
Now it's time to celebrate & relax! Happy weekend!
Here's what we've been eating in the last week:
- Grilled eggplant with pesto
- Grilled tomato halves topped with parmesan & basil
- Grilled hot peppers with provolone
- Green salad
Early birthday dinner at my parents' house
- Martha Stewart's One Pan Pasta
- Green salad
- Mega Salad - lettuce & spinach with onions, mushrooms, peppers, carrots, avocado, almonds, apples, & roasted Brussels sprouts
- Dinner on the way to the cabin