October 19, 2013

Tasty Tidbits


Some co-workers told me about a place nearby that sells beer by the six pack. This is pretty exciting, since before now the only place I knew that offered that option was a Whole Foods a few hours away. If we want beer, we have to buy a case. That's a lot of beer, especially if you want to try something new!  Anyway, I found this Tangerine Wheat flavor & it was surprisingly good! I usually like fruity wheat beers, but had only had cherry & various berry flavors before. The tangerine was light & refreshing. It's made by Lost Coast Brewery in CA, so definitely not a local beer, but I'd definitely get it again if I come across it!


I'm super excited because today's my birthday! Last Sunday, my parents had us over to celebrate because they left for vacation on Tuesday. I don't mind extending the celebration! We had a nice dinner with them & my grandparents, & then we played pinochle. Men vs. women & we each won once.


On Thursday, my boss gave me my first b-day gift - a low light plant for my office. I love having greenery in the office, but mine has no windows. Now I have 3 plants, although the bamboo one lives in her office more than mine because she has a window.

Now it's time to celebrate & relax! Happy weekend!

Here's what we've been eating in the last week:

Breakfasts
  • Pumpkin kefir smoothies
  • Pineapple Coconut Granola
  • 3J's for breakfast - french toast (me) & veggie breakfast pizza (W)
  • Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
  • Happy Herbivore's Whole Wheat Pumpkin Scone - I liked these. They were easy to make & made just 6, which was the perfect amount.
  • Bananas + pb

Lunches
  • Sandwiches
  • Leftovers
  • Roasted Cauliflower Soup
  • Skinny Taste's Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites - These had a serious kick of heat! I used brown rice flour & it worked great. I will definitely make them again.
  • Out to lunch at Houlihans
  • Apples & watermelon
Dinners

Saturday:
  • Grilled eggplant with pesto
  • Grilled tomato halves topped with parmesan & basil
  • Grilled hot peppers with provolone
  • Green salad


Sunday:
Early birthday dinner at my parents' house
  • Whole wheat spaghetti with fresh tomato sauce
  • Green salad
  • Homemade applesauce
  • Birthday cake: white cake with chocolate icing
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Campfire!
  • Tofu dogs on whole wheat buns
  • Veggie foil packets
  • S'mores (with 77% dark chocolate - this totally makes the s'more over the top!!!)
Thursday:
  • Mega Salad - lettuce & spinach with onions, mushrooms, peppers, carrots, avocado, almonds, apples, & roasted Brussels sprouts
Friday:
  • Dinner on the way to the cabin

Treats

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...