December 3, 2013

Tasty Tidbits



I started this post early last week with plans to have it ready to go on Saturday, as usual. However, my week was completely turned upsidedown when my grandpa wound up in the hospital. I am so thankful that I could be there with him & my family during his last days. Poppop was a very special man & he will be missed by many people. I have so many wonderful memories of time spent with him that I will cherish forever. <3

------------------------------------

Here is what I had prepared for posting:


Since it's dark before I get home from work at night, weekends are when we rake the leaves. Usually, I do it because I enjoy it, but last weekend was SO windy & W took over after I did part of the yard. And apparently he's an aggressive raker because it broke before he was halfway done. I should have taken a video of him raking with the short handle. :-)  On Sunday when we went out to walk to church the leaves were gone. They had been in a nice pile along the curb, but it completely blew away. Sorry to all the neighbors down wind...


W & I met up with these girls & their guys at Troegs. It had been way too long since we last saw each other! We had fun & sampled some yummy beers. I got some popcorn (pictured down below) that had great flavor but WAY too much butter. It was a rosemary brown butter, which had great potential, but they seriously coated it to the point that every kernel was wet. Not my thing...


Here's what we've been eating in the last week:




Breakfasts
  • Mango Sunflower Seed Green Smoothies
  • Tropical Granola
  • Honey wheat French toast (W made me breakfast!)
  • Cranberry Walnut Bread
  • Bananas + pb



Lunches
Dinners

Saturday:
Troeg's with friends
  • Trio grilled cheese sandwich with tomato dipping soup
  • Fries
  • Rosemary popcorn



Sunday:
  • Homemade spelt linguini
  • Tomato sauce
  • Caesar salad


Monday:
Tuesday:
  • Roasted broccoli with brown rice & peanut sauce


Treats
  • Chocolate coconut chocolate chip cookies
  • Vegan chocolate tart (loosely based off this from Choosing Raw)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...