September 23, 2010

Healing

Last night I felt pretty under the weather. But I still made dinner because my parents came home from vacation and were coming over for dinner! It was worth the effort. Something about a relaxing dinner out on the patio has healing powers.

We had Mixed Vegetable soup from Food and Wine magazine, but I had to make some serious adjustments. I took the option of using wheat berries instead of farro.  Then we tasted it when it was super bland. I ended up adding 2 tsp. of  Italian seasoning and 1 tsp. of garlic powder. I would saute garlic with the onions and celery if I made it again. Which I probably will. I also did not have any tomato paste so I cut up a tomato and then used that and 2 T of tomato sauce. And then we ate it with wine, just like the magazine title. Dad and Walter made the wine and they did an excellent job. Saturday is the next wine making day because the new grapes arrive either today or tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...