January 9, 2012

Dinner & a Movie

Mom called me on Saturday morning because their evening plans had fallen through.

"Do you want to go with Dad & I to Lisa's Cafe for dinner & then to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? And before you decide, we gave a gift card so dinner is our treat."

Ummm...yes, please. I was just planning an exciting evening of Charmed on Netflix.



I love the salads at Lisa's, mainly because they come with this delicious breadstick. Yum! I got the tossed salad with Sweet Vidalia Onion dressing. I usually like vinaigrettes & wasn't expecting this to be creamy, but it was good!


Mom & I split the large vegetarian stromboli. They were nice enough to split it onto 2 plates, so that's half. Holy cow that was a lot of stromboli!! It was delicious, stuffed with crisp veggies & mozerella cheese, with a side of marinara sauce for dipping. I ate the piece on the left & saved the rest for lunch.


Oh, and those brown squiggles of cheese on the top? They were SO good.


Mom also got a side of asparagus, which she shared.


The Bup got the small vegetarian stromboli for himself, & it was the same size as mine! He, of course, ate the whole thing. No surprise there!

For dessert, Mom & I split a chocolate biscotti. It didn't seem like it was baked after they sliced it like biscotti usually is, but it was still yummy. We didn't have time for coffee, so it was probably better that it was soft & didn't need to be dipped.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was intense. We saw the Swedish version about a year ago & I read the book, so nothing was really a surprise. The intro was very artistic but super bizarre. It was fun to go to the movies since we rarely go. I think the last one we saw was Harry Potter!

Did any of you see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? What did you think? Did you like the intro?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...