March 1, 2012

Avocado & Cheese Pretzel Sandwich



I realize that you don't come here to see pictures of my half-eaten food. Sometimes, though, I don't realize how good something is going to be until I'm eating it! I just had to share this sandwich with you.


This lunch was a thrown together, need to eat at my desk type lunch. We have a local company that does fundraisers through selling subs & pretzel sandwiches. Bonus - they have an "all cheese" variety. Not everyone includes that on their sale sheets, but once in awhile it pops up.

It's really a splurge...$4 for a pretzel roll w/ some cheese on it. Especially since I peel off the American cheese & just eat the provolone. I don't always have time to make my own (although those are scrumptious & totally worth the extra effort, plus I know all the ingredients in them) so sometimes I spend the money. If you've never had a pretzel roll, you need to try one right away. They're sooooo good!


Today I spread the roll with yellow mustard, sliced up half an avocado, & used the provolone cheese. It's creamy (avocado), tangy (mustard), chewy (roll) & cheesy (provolone). Every bite made me think, "mmmmmm!"

On the side I had carrot sticks with homemade roasted red pepper hummus & a pear. Tasty, healthy, & delicious!  Sometimes the spur of the moment meals are the tastiest.

I think if I had pretzel rolls every day I wouldn't appreciate them nearly as much. They're a great treat for a heartier lunch. I hope you like them, too!


Avocado & Cheese Pretzel Sandwich
Serves 1

1 pretzel roll (you can buy these by the bag in most grocery stores)
2 T yellow mustard
1/2 an avocado, sliced
2 or 3 slices provolone cheese

Open the pretzel roll & spread mustard on one of the halves. Top with avocado slices & cheese. Put the roll back together & eat.

Enjoy!




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...