July 31, 2012

Happy Bup-day!



It's his birthday today! :-) I'm so happy to be celebrating another year of his life!

We started the celebrations early by taking a trip to the cabin for the weekend. The weather was gorgeous (pics coming soon!) & we hiked, played games, ate, & relaxed. All the usual things.


For his b-day dinner with my parents, we made pizzas on the grill. Mom made a whole wheat & semolina flour crust. I sauteed some onions, mushrooms & garlic, plus chopped tomatoes, peppers, & basil. We didn't have any mozerella, so we used provolone. It was delicious! Provolone has a lot more flavor than mozerella while still melting well.


My pizza...half garlic/olive oil & half bbq sauce.

 

The Bup's pizza...all bbq sauce.


Mom's...half & half.


Dad's...half & half. His looked the tastiest to me. I think it was beause it was so colorful. He had a lot of green on there!


While the rest of us used knives & forks to cut ours before eating it, he just dove right in.


Perspective: the pizza was almost bigger than his head!


For dessert: Dark chocolate cake with dark chocolate peanut butter icing. It's his new favorite. Thank goodness, because for awhile it was red velvet & that's not nearly as good. I used about 2 tablespoons of jet black cocoa powder for the icing. It makes it super chocolatey!

Here's to many more years! Happy birthday to my love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...