February 16, 2013

Tasty Tidbits



I hope you all had a great week!

Since we got married, I've gotten a potted plant on Valentine's Day from the Bup. It suits me perfectly - I don't want the cut flowers because they die, which is a waste of money & pretty flowers. This year, I picked mine out because we were at Lowe's together. Every time I see this orchid it makes me happy all over again!


Tink's so dark that she's hard to catch on camera. I used this basket to carry some stuff up from our pantry in the basement & she found it. I heard rustling & turned around just in time to see her curling up in it. She napped there for awhile!



Here's what we've been eating in the last week:

Breakfasts
  • Maple yogurt with Sunflower Seed & Coconut Granola
  • Spelt Waffles
  • Bon Appetit's Hot Oat & Quinoa Cereal - This was quick & easy to make. I like the addition of cardamom - I never think to add that to my oats.
  • Bananas & crunchy pb

Lunches

Dinners

Saturday:
Out to dinner with friends at Sly Fox Brewhouse & Eatery
  • Hummus with pitas, carrots & celery
  • Tossed Salad
  • Peace Wrap (Hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, & house-roasted vegetables on a whole wheat tortilla.)
Sunday: 
Dinner with parents & grandparents
  • Cooking Light's Butternut Squash, Caramelized Onion & Spinach Lasagna - This wasn't what I was expecting when I showed Mom the recipe, but it was definitely yummy. I'm a sucker for roasted squash, though, so that's what sold me. It was in the lasagna in chunks instead of mashed like squash in lasagnas often is.
  • Sauteed Brussels sprouts
  • Oatmeal Sourdough Bread
  • Green Salad
Monday:
Tuesday:
  • Veggie Summer Rolls with Peanut Sauce - A favorite in our house! They take a little extra time for the rolling, but other than that, the ingredients are simple & quick.
Wednesday:
Date night at Lisa's Cafe  
A big thanks to the choir for the gift certificate for this dinner!
  • Me:
    • Side Salad with the house Sweet Vidalia Onion dressing
    • Vegetarian Grilled Reuben (portabello mushroom, sauerkraut & swiss cheese on rye bread) & Seasoned fries (me)
  • Bup:
    • Side Caesar Salad
    • Vegetarian Stromboli
Thursday:
Dinner at Mom &  Pops'  
Friday:

  • Homemade Pizza topped with bell peppers, onion, olives, artichokes

    Treats

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...