September 28, 2013

Tasty Tidbits


I love fall! The skies are blue, the air is crisp, the leaves are changing. Best time of the year!

We're back into the normal every day life routines. This weekend we hope to do some gardening, bike ride, see some friends, & generally relax. That relaxed feeling goes away so fast when vacation ends!


I was looking through some old photo albums when I was at my parents' house. This pic cracks me up! I can't decide whether I just ate something icky or I was laughing. Dad thought it was great, whichever the case! Oh that haircut & those chubby cheeks...

Have a great (and super relaxing) weekend!


Here's what we've been eating in the last week:

Breakfasts
  • Pineapple Coconut Granola
  • Canteloupe smoothies
  • Berry & Yogurt Parfaits
  • Bulgur with almond milk, apple chunks, & pb
  • Baked sweet potatoes with granola, pb, & coconut butter
  • Maryea's 2 Ingredient Sweet Potato Cakes - These were a bit soft for my liking, but I wanted to try a new breakfast & the sweet potatoes topped with granola weren't keeping me full for long. I don't like eggs, so I was wary of this recipe, but the sweet potato & spices masked the egg flavor.
  • Bananas
Lunches
Dinners

Saturday:
  • Corn on the cob
  • Green salad
Sunday:
Monday:
  • Martha Stewart's One Pan Pasta - This was DELICIOUS! I read about it awhile ago & just kept thinking about it. Now that I've made it, I want to make it again & again. So simple, yet so flavorful!
  • Green salad
Tuesday:
  • Tempeh & Brussels Sprouts Stir-fry
  • Bulgur
  • Green salad
Wednesday:
  • Cooking Light's Tomato, Squash, and Red Pepper Gratin - This was good, but for the amount of time it took to chop, saute, etc., I'm not sure I'd make it again. None of the flavors stood out - I'd rather eat them in ways that showcase the various veggies than all mushed together.
  • Green salad
Thursday:
Dinner at Mom & Pops' before choir
  • Cooking Light's Poblano Sopes - New recipe that Mom tried - she did a variation on the salad on top, using figs instead of avocado. It was my first time having sopes & they were delicious!
  • Corn on the cob
  • Green salad
Friday:
Campfire!
  • Tofu dogs on whole wheat buns
  • Veggie foil packets (eggplant, peppers, mushrooms, & onions)
  • S'mores! 

Treats

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...