February 23, 2011

Hummus and Sandwiches


It is entirely possible that nothing is better than homemade bread.


Except maybe when you toast it and add tomato sauce, lettuce & avocado.


And pair it with Up In Smoke Hummus from Gena at Choosing Raw! This stuff is addictive.


Hummus is mostly chickpeas and tahini, so it's full of vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Check out this source for more details!


I liked it best with the celery but the Bup liked it with carrots and Trader Joe's baked blue chips.


We had a little leftover Roasted Winter Vegetable Soup. I think I stretched my stomach last night eating this soup. I was stuffed but it was sooooooooo good! Tonight the Bup decided it was good as a dip, too, and starting dipping veggies and chips into it. I could've made it thinner but really, there's something about eating dip by the spoonful and not feeling guilty cause you know it's healthy. :-)


This loaf of bread looks innocent enough, but it's actually so huge that we had to cut it in half just to fit it into a bag. Even then, I had to use a grocery bag because the gallon size baggie was too small. The recipe was for Crusty Wheat Bread from Food and Wine magazine. It took 24 hours to make and it was worth every minute.


Does anyone else like avocado on their sandwiches? I think it's way better than cheese!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...