October 4, 2011

Mini Pita Tea Sandwiches

I'm obsessed with all things mini. Mini automatically equals cute. When I saw the mini pitas at Trader Joe's the first time, I restrained myself. But when I went back a week later & saw them again, I had to get some.

I'm also obsessed with hummus. Any vehicle that will get more into my mouth makes me happy. When I started thinking of what to do with the mini pitas, the two automatically had to go together.


It seemed like they needed a crunch, so I added a slice of zucchini in each pita. They were the perfect size!


So cute! So crunchy! So good!

We had ours with Cranberry Green Tea, an apple, bell pepper slices & popcorn. It was a cute little Sunday lunch. The Bup felt very un-manly but somehow he got over it and ate every last bite. 


I packed more in my lunch box for work the next day. They're very transportable & make a packed lunch feel more elegant.


Mini Pita Tea Sandwiches
Serves 2

10 mini whole wheat pitas
3-5 T hummus, any variety (I used Roasted Red Pepper & White Bean Basil)
1 small zucchini, sliced into 1/4" thick coins

Carefully open the pitas by cutting around the edge. Place a slice of zucchini into each pita and top with 1-2 teaspoons of hummus. Close pitas. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...