September 26, 2011

Weekend Love

Things I was loving this weekend:

* Stay-at-home date night with the Bup on Friday was the perfect ending to the week! We made Pineapple Tempeh Stir-Fry, went to the grocery store, and watched Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. The movie was funny and informative. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who wants some entertaining motivation to lose weight.

* On Saturday morning, I bought a huge box of bell peppers at the farmer's market to chop and freeze. We still have about a dozen in the fridge even after freezing 3 gallon + 1 quart bags of chopped pepper. That should last us the winter and provide us with a lot of soups and stir-fries!

* A trip to King of Prussia Mall, complete with:

2 great friends who are going to kill me when they see that I posted this picture on the internet

California Pizza Kitchen - We split the Greek pizza (with avocados instead of chicken) and the Tostada pizza (like a taco, but in pizza form). I liked the Tostada better, especially after they brought us the salsa to dip it in!

<3 An engagement announcement from a my lifelong, almost-sister - Congrats to Laura & Andrew! <3


Some deals at Forever 21, including the jacket above.

A stop at my favorite grocery store in the whole wide world - Trader Joe's!  

* Bridesmaid dress shopping with some fun girls. We went to David's Bridal & Alfred Angelo (click to see the fave!) & tried on a ton of dresses! It was fun getting to know some of the other girls better.

*Lunch at Chili's. I think it's fun to eat with a large group of people and have a leisurely meal. We had time to kill between appointments, so this was great. I was happy to see that they offer to substitute a black bean burger for the meat burgers! It wasn't the best bean burger I've had out, but I appreciated that the option was there.

*Dessert at my parents' house after a nice evening walk through town with my Bup. It was great to catch up and enjoy Mom's peach dessert.

*Baking Apple Cider Donuts from Mama Pea. I was way too full to enjoy one last night, but it was hard to resist. I brought one to work for with my lunch today and they are delicious. I was going to use the rest of the apple cider for something else, but I'll probably just make another batch of these!

Question:
What did you love about this weekend?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...