October 13, 2011

Kitchen Flops


[Laddsburg Wine - pairs well with dessert!]

Something about this week of gorgeous weather followed by chilly rain makes me want to curl up with a big blanket. Anyone else?

Usually I have no trouble deciding what to make for dinner. I think about what we have, look at the many recipes I have marked to try, and choose from the list or decide to create something new. No such luck this week. Hence the lack of posts. Sorry!

 I have failed at a lot of recipes this week. Just so you don't think that everything I make comes out right, I thought I'd share some flops with you. This week was full of them!

Maybe the oven knows that I'm just not quite with it. Or else it needs a drink, too.


I tried to bake this Easy Little Bread Recipe from 101Cookbooks.com. It rose beautifully and then sunk in the middle when I baked it. Still tasty, but really ugly. And when I packed a slice 3 days later to bring to work, it molded in the baggie even though the rest of the loaf was fine.

I tried to bake Pumpkin Protein Donuts from peasandthankyou.com. They looked done, sprang back when I touched them, and pulled away from the sides of the pan, but when we ate them, they were still gummy in the middle. Ick.

I made myself a Pumpkin Spiced Latte and it was so bad I had to pour it down the drain. I didn't want to bother with the blender, so it was chunky and the spices all sank to the bottom. I hate wasting food!

Last night I decided to be safe and made big salads and roasted broccoli. All was fine until I found a piece of apple core in my salad that should have gone into the compost bucket. Who knows, I probably put the actual apple chunk in the compost. I didn't want to fish it out, so I didn't check.

I'm beginning to question my kitchen skills.


I didn't try to make these Blueberry Lime Margaritas. Maybe I should have.

Let's hope that the Chocolate and Coconut Cake from The Little Red House I'm making tomorrow for my grandma's birthday turns out better!

Happy Birthday!!

October is a big birthday month, so here's to all of you!

McKensie
Grandma K.
Andy
Mommom
Alex
Bryttani
Dad K.
And everyone else out there with October birthdays!

2 comments:

  1. I am allowed to say this only because you're my bff and I love you, but I'm so glad for this post. It's a nice reminder that you're not completely perfect! That said, I hope your cake turned out well and again, I love you. You'll be blogging like a pro again soon I'm sure. Happy early birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like your food pictures and want to invite you to try out tastingspot.com. it's for anyone that just wants another place to submit photos and share it will other foodies. It’s still in beta version, but would love for you to start adding some photos and help get it going.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...