November 8, 2011

Tasting Sabra Roasted Pine Nut Hummus


As you're probably well aware by now, I love hummus.


It's November, a month that's often devoted to being thankful, & I'm thankful for hummus!

I only started eating it a few years ago, but now we have a container in our fridge almost all the time. It's good on everything! We use it to dip veggies, in sandwiches, on chips & bread, & anywhere else we can. 


Since it's pretty expensive & we consume so much of it, I make my own. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's just so-so, but we always eat every last bit.

When the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program offered to send me a coupon for Sabra hummus, I got super excited! I like to try new flavors & it's always a treat to not need to wash the food processor for the zillionth time.

I chose the Roasted Pine Nut Hummus because it's a flavor I'll probably never make at home. Pine nuts are expensive! This hummus is super creamy, with hints of pine nut flavor, but not overwhelming. The ingredient list is pretty short, & I recognize everything on it.

While I considered making something with the hummus, I wanted to sample it by itself first, to get the full flavor profile. I don't think it's going to make it into any recipes before we devour it. Yum!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...