July 19, 2011

Berry Picking


There's nothing better than eating a freshly picked juicy berry, still warm from the sun.

Nothing.


It bursts in your mouth when you bite down and has the perfect amount of sweetness and warmth.


It doesn't matter if they're blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or huckleberries, I love every one.

Except I love blueberries the most.


Fresh berries are one of the top reasons why I love nature. I can't imagine a world where I can only get berries from the grocery store. They just aren't as good! The blueberries always have a tough skin and they aren't properly juicy. I know I'm spoiled because of the countless berry bushes at our family cabin, but truly. If you're buying berries, buy them from a farmer, or go to a u-pick. You'll never turn back.


Plus, when I pick my own, I feel less stingy with my blueberries (they were free, after all!) and therefore I can sacrifice some to make delicious goodies.


Like these Brown Sugar Blueberry Cookies. And Betty Crocker's Blueberry Buckle with a few changes, like using coconut oil. Yum.

If I can stop eating them by the handful, I might have some left for Blue-barb Crisp.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...