July 9, 2011

Toasted Almond Drinks


Yum!

Every year when we're at the beach, Dad's in charge of the nightly ladies' drinks. He has a few standards, like margaritas and citrus daiquiris, but he also throws in a few new ones. 

Since we divided up into 2 houses, I miss most of the drinks. :-( I always make sure I know when margarita night is, though! He makes the very best!

Because of ladies' drinks, Dad is always on the lookout for new drinks. This time, inspiration came on a restaurant placemat. 


I was reading the placemat when I saw this. Classy way to find a recipe, I know.

It's a great dessert beverage, especially for summer, because it reminds me of a spiked iced coffee. Of course I had to change it up a little, mostly because I'm not into drinking heavy cream.

And because I'm seemingly incapable of just drinking my dessert, we had ours with the last slices of Brownie Fruit Pizza.


Cheers!

Vegan Toasted Almond Drink
Adapted from a random placemat & about.com
Serves 1

1.5 oz coffee liqueur
1.5 oz amaretto
1 oz Unsweetened Almond Breeze, Original or Vanilla

Measure into a glass and stir. Add ice* if ingredients were not already cold or if you just want a really cold drink.

*Adding ice will weaken the drink. Your choice!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...