October 3, 2012

Cinnamon Spiced Pumpkin Quinoa


Lately, any time I cook a grain, I make extra. It's perfect for lunches, future dinner bases, & breakfasts. So when I had 1 cup of uncooked quinoa & my recipe called for 1/4 cup, I cooked it all, & stored the extras in the fridge.

Then the following morning, I mixed in some pumpkin, almond milk & spices to make a hearty, protein rich, fall flavored breafkast.


I love to have a a big, filling breakfast. When it's bulky, it makes me feel full longer. It's probably mostly mental, but it works! Quinoa really fluffs up & fills my stomach, so it's perfect for a hearty breakfast. Plus the warmth from the spices & the hot quinoa is great for these chilly mornings.


Enjoy!

Cinnamon Spiced Pumpkin Quinoa
Serves 1

1 c cooked quinoa
1/4 c pumpkin puree
1/4 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/4-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon (to taste)
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg

Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 50 seconds, stir, & heat for another 40 seconds. Top with fruit, nuts, and/or nut butter & enjoy!

Topping ideas:
banana & peanut butter
apple chunks & pecans
raisins & walnuts
dried cranberries & almonds
coconut & almond butter


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...