I'm celebrating my birthday weekend by spending time with family & friends. I'm trying to give myself some time to just relax, not worry about anything, & enjoy life!
Last weekend, I made pumpkin cinnamon rolls & I was loving the way the light coming through the kitchen door created a rainbow on my breakfast. Such a great reminder of the way God's creation is all around us.
Here's what we've been eating in the last week:
- Mama Pea's Vegan Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls - These were amazing! They came together pretty quickly (especially for a yeast dough), and were the perfect combo of dough & sweet cinnamon. We topped them with Raw Cinnamon Creamed Honey instead of the glaze.
- Pumpkin Protein Smoothies
- French Vanilla yogurt with Cherry Granola
- Ashley's Apple Spice Buckwheat Protein Bake - I love making her breakfast bakes as a change of pace from my usual breakfasts. They're filling, tasty, & a great base for all kinds of toppings. I topped this with pumpkin butter, peanut butter, & chocolate almond butter.
- Pumpkin Brown Rice Porridge, topped with a dollop of peanut butter
- Vibrant Lemon & Avocado Kale Salad
- Joy's Broccoli & Potato Nuggets - So good, especially dipped in BBQ sauce. They're crunchy on the outside & creamy on the inside.
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Cauliflower
- Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Red Onions
- Steamed Broccoli
- Brown Rice with Angela's Spicy Peanut Lime Sauce
- Green Salad with Rossetti's Italian Vinaigrette
Friends over for a campfire
- Mountain Pies over the campfire
Traditional choir night dinner at Mom & Pops' house.
- Cabbage Soup
- Green Salad
Birthday dinner at Mom & Pops' house.
- Homemade pizzas on the grill
- Green Salad
- Jenna's Homemade Whole Wheat Fig Newtons - I made this last year & we're obsessed. I've been thinking about making them again for months & I'm so glad I finally did. I put one of the loaves in the freezer for a treat later.
- Vegan Whole Wheat Chocolate Cupcakes - I froze some from the batch I made a few weeks ago & we got out 2 for dessert one night. Still delicious!
- Mama Pea's Pumpkin Molasses Dough Balls - These are super soft & chewy - the perfect fall snack.
- Birthday cake!!!