This week seemed to go by so slowly! I'm happy it's weekend time again! We're having a birthday dinner for my grandma on Sunday, but it'll be a fairly quiet Saturday. The Bup works this weekend, so I'm planning on some quality quiet time to get some house work & reading done.
I finally drank my first Punk of the season. This is the best pumpkin beer ever. Try it!
Tink is up to 1.8 pounds! She's a wild cat - we've been calling her a little bear because she just tackles everything in sight.
Here's what we've been eating in the last week:
- Honey wheat toast with Ashley's Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Almond Butter - Yes, it was amazing. Why did you need to ask? :-)
- Ashley's Canteloupe Protein Smoothie - Super yummy, but when we brought them to church to finish, we got some strange looks. Apparently the light brown color turned people off.
- Pumpkin baked oatmeal with peanut butter & Trader Joe's Cranberry Apple Butter
- Peach yogurt with The Stone Soup's Lentil Granola - I made another batch of granola because we liked it so much!
- Cereal: Puffed Millet, Puffed rice & Puffed Kamut with vanilla almond milk
- Fresh fruit: bananas, canteloupe
- Vibrant Lemon & Avocado Kale Salad
- Apples & canteloupe
- Smokey Pinto Bean Dip with veggies & sweet potato chips
- Trail mix
- Fresh Tomato Soup - So sad, because this is probably the last batch we'll get from our garden tomatoes. We savored it!
- Mini Quesadillas (2 small corn tortillas with shredded sharp cheddar, heated on our cast iron skillet)
- Sauteed swiss chard
Dinner at Mom & Pops' house - it was grape crushing night!
- Roasted Tomatoes & Onions over Whole Wheat Linguini
- Roasted broccoli & brussels sprouts
- Cauliflower salad
Traditional choir night dinner at Mom & Pops' house.
- Beefsteaks & Egg Casserole from Cooking Light
- Stuffed hot peppers
- Green Salad
- Roasted brussels sprouts & cauliflower over Trader Joe's Harvest Grain medley
- Green salad
[last Friday night's apple "nachos"]
- Katie's Best Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies - I didn't use any nuts, because the Bup described his perfect chocolate chip cookie to me: puffed & soft on the inside, with a crunchy exterior. I tried my best to deliver & this recipe was one of the best we've had!
- Banana soft serve mixed with almond butter
- Jess' Avocado-Chocolate Pudding - Last time we tried avocado pudding, we didn't like it. I couldn't get it smooth enough! This time, I used the Vitamix & it was fantastic. My grocery bill will now be higher due to all the avocados I'll be buying!
- Vegan Whole Wheat Chocolate Cupcakes - These were quick to make & very moist. Plus, they have pumpkin in them for the fall!
- Mom's apple pie