October 6, 2012

Tasty Tidbits




This week seemed to go by so slowly! I'm happy it's weekend time again! We're having a birthday dinner for my grandma on Sunday, but it'll be a fairly quiet Saturday. The Bup works this weekend, so I'm planning on some quality quiet time to get some house work & reading done.



I finally drank my first Punk of the season. This is the best pumpkin beer ever. Try it!



Tink is up to 1.8 pounds! She's a wild cat - we've been calling her a little bear because she just tackles everything in sight.

Here's what we've been eating in the last week:

Breakfasts
Lunches


Dinners

Sunday:
Cooking over the campfire!
  • Mountain Pies (homemade honey wheat bread, provolone cheese, tomato sauce)
  • Vegetable foil packets (zucchini, eggplant, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno)
  • S'mores!
Monday:
Tuesday:
  • Fresh Tomato Soup - So sad, because this is probably the last batch we'll get from our garden tomatoes. We savored it!
  • Mini Quesadillas (2 small corn tortillas with shredded sharp cheddar, heated on our cast iron skillet)
  • Sauteed swiss chard
Wednesday:
Dinner at Mom & Pops' house - it was grape crushing night!
  • Roasted Tomatoes & Onions over Whole Wheat Linguini
  • Roasted broccoli & brussels sprouts
  • Cauliflower salad
Thursday:
Traditional choir night dinner at Mom & Pops' house. 
  • Beefsteaks & Egg Casserole from Cooking Light
  • Stuffed hot peppers
  • Green Salad
Friday:
  • Roasted brussels sprouts & cauliflower over Trader Joe's Harvest Grain medley
  • Green salad

[last Friday night's apple "nachos"]

Treats
  • Katie's Best Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies - I didn't use any nuts, because the Bup described his perfect chocolate chip cookie to me: puffed & soft on the inside, with a crunchy exterior. I tried my best to deliver & this recipe was one of the best we've had!
  • Banana soft serve mixed with almond butter
  • Jess' Avocado-Chocolate Pudding - Last time we tried avocado pudding, we didn't like it. I couldn't get it smooth enough! This time, I used the Vitamix & it was fantastic. My grocery bill will now be higher due to all the avocados I'll be buying!
  • Vegan Whole Wheat Chocolate Cupcakes - These were quick to make & very moist. Plus, they have pumpkin in them for the fall!
  • Mom's apple pie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...