Fall sky in the morning. So peaceful!
Tink had her first vet appointment this week. She came out unscathed & just as energetic as before. The only sign of a vet visit was a small patch of shaved fur on her leg.
Wednesday's garden harvest: lettuce, a bit of kale, tomatoes, bell peppers, & Swiss chard.
We're clearing some of the end of summer plants out of the garden this weekend. Things are slowly winding down. I moved our basil plants into the sunroom & they're looking good. We're hoping to turn that into a greenhouse of sorts so that we can have fresh lettue & herbs during the winter.
Here's what we've been eating in the last week:
- French Vanilla yogurt with Cherry Granola
- Whole Wheat Sourdough Pancakes
- Mama Pea's Apple Cider Donuts - I first made these last fall & have been waiting for apple cider to come to our market to make them again. They're dense & chewy, just like cake donuts should be, but also much healthier! Plus, they taste like fall.
- Overnight oats
- Vibrant Lemon & Avocado Kale Salad
- Lunch date at Isaac's - Sonoma Salad with a Grilled Black Bean Burger
- Spaghetti Squash Casserole (I made this one up based on what was handy. In the mix: roasted cauliflower, diced tomatoes, bean sprouts, bell pepper, jalapenos, onions, cherry tomatoes)
- Green Salad with Rossetti's Italian Vinaigrette
- Pesto Eggplant Spaghetti Squash Casserole (Tuesday's leftovers, repurposed by adding roasted eggplant & tossing with homemade Basil Almond Pesto) - Even though we were eating leftovers, this was completely different! It's amazing what a few added ingredients can do.
Traditional choir night dinner at Mom & Pops' house.
- Pumpkin Soup & Green Soup
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Green Salad
- Roasted Zucchini Quesadillas with Guacamole
- Chocolate Coconut Cake - Mommom's birthday cake
- Trader Joe's Sipping Chocolate