Spring has sprung!
These little blue flowers mean a lot to me. They mean spring is here. (Although I'm not sure we didn't just skip spring & go right to summer.) They mean this lawn hasn't been chemically treated. They mean the sun is shining. They mean beauty. They mean God is great.
This was a great week in a lot of ways. The sun has been shining, I went roller blading (twice) for the first time this year, our garden is bursting with tiny green sprouts, & I'm nervous but excited with the anticipation of starting a new job on Monday.
What's new in your life? What are you excited for?
Here's what we've been eating in the last week:
Out to eat with family
- As Good As Gluten's Brown Rice & Flaxseed Pizza Crust topped with pesto, bbq sauce, onions, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, olives & pineapple
- Green salad
- Taco Salad: Romaine, spinach, chopped cabbage, mushrooms, carrots, sauteed onions, black beans cooked with jalapeno, cumin & salsa, all topped with guacamole
Dinner at Mom & Pops' before choir
- Lentil Soup
- Green Salad
- Broccoli pesto over spaghetti squash, mixed with with sauteed mushrooms & onions
- Green salad
- The Vegan Chickpea's Double Chocolate Ice Cream
- Top with Cinnamon's Individual Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- Banana soft serve with Angela's vegan cookie dough balls
- Mom's Peanut Butter Quinoa Blondies (adapted from Eating Well)