This cat...she's been a terror this week! I think it's partly because we have our living room all moved around & it's throwing her off. She's constantly getting into things (like the plants & plastic bags), even more than usual. I just hope that after we get our new carpet that she doesn't scratch at it!
I bought a coconut last weekend. This is the second one I've purchased in my life - the first intimidated me & sat on our counter until it dried up. Ew.
This time, I vowed that we'd use it right away. The Bup poked holes in it & we drained out the coconut water. Then he tried to crack it open & broke a knife, so he got out the hammer & hack saw. :-) He got it open at last, & we sampled the water & flesh. Both were VERY salty, almost like coconut flavored ocean water. It was nothing like the kind you can buy pre-shredded. I didn't expect it to be the same, but I thought it would be better, not worse! We used the coconut water in some barely worth mentioning cocktails. I tried to make coconut butter from the flesh by putting it in the food processor, but it never butterized. I was so frustrated by then that I just put it all into a container & froze it. Better luck another time!
Any ideas on what I could do with a pureed coconut?
Here's what we've been eating in the last week:
- Portobello caps topped with roasted asparagus & Tuscan cheddar cheese
- Roasted sweet potato fries
- Green Salad
Out to eat at The Circular
- Salt Roasted Heirloom Beet & Arugula Salad
- Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Shaved Vegetable Salad & Puffed Fruit
- Wild Mushroom Wellington
- Sides to share:
- Grilled Asparagus
- Chester County Mushrooms
- House Cut French Fries
- Chocolate Fondue for Two
- Brittany's Zucchini Noodles in a Thai Peanut Sauce - We got a spiralizer for Christmas & it was perfect for this! I made this awhile back & sliced the zucchini into noodles. Not only was that a pain, but it didn't turn out nearly as good.
- Green salad
- Ashley's Quick Gluten Free Flatbreads - These were pretty simple to prep, the longest part was the actual cooking. I got impatient waiting! The flavor is really good & they're nice & bread-y. I think they'd be great for using like bread for sandwiches, too.
- Leftover lentil dal (frozen from before)
- Sauteed mushrooms & onions
- Green salad
Dinner at Mom & Pops' before choir
- Spicy quinoa & bell pepper enchiladas - Seriously delicious with a mega-kick. My nose was running & my mouth was on fire, both things that in the past I would have started whining about. This time I was really enjoying it. Plus, she had a little leftover potato salad to cool down our mouths.
- Green Salad with maple roasted walnuts
- Coconut truffles & chocolate covered strawberries - Mom went fancy on us this week!
Girls' night dinner
- Surprises! We each bring something to eat & then have a grand un-veiling. So fun!
- Ashley's Strawberry Doughnuts - I altered these by omitting the lavender & simplifying the strawberry puree to just that - pureed strawberries. Then we drizzled extra puree over the top. Yum!
- Angela's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzards - This is an old favorite. The cookie dough is fantastic & then it gets stirred into banana soft serve. We love this!
- The Vegan Chickpea's Double Chocolate Ice Cream
- Mama Pea's Chocolate Protein Truffles from More Peas, Thank You