May 2, 2011

Roasted Curried Root Veggies


Remember the Roasted Squash? And the Roasted Deliciousness? This is better.


It has the added bonus of being nice and soft for this poor girl to gum down. It embarrasses me to admit it, but I had to go to the dentist today to get cavities filled. Yes, more than one. Some people will never let me live that down. There was only one major one, though. I'm proud to say I suffered the drilling naturally. It hurt; it was a icy chill pain. Now I'm probably going to be gumming food for awhile because it sends shooting pains when I chew on that tooth.

These were so good I didn't even notice I was gumming them down!

Roasted Curried Root Veggies
Adapted from Joy the Baker
Serves 2

3 small sweet potatoes
2 small potatoes
1 large onion
1 T olive oil
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

Preheat oven to 425*F. Spray a large jelly roll pan with cooking spray. Scrub potatoes and slice into wedges. Slice onion into large chunks. Mix together both kinds of potatoes, onion, olive oil, and spices. Spread veggies in a single layer on the pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Stir veggies and spread evenly again. Bake another 20 minutes or until crispy. Enjoy!

Sweet Potato on FoodistaSweet Potato

2 comments:

  1. Wait, no Novocaine?! What is wrong with you!? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed you from the foodie blog roll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this sweet potato widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about recipes with sweet potato,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...