August 15, 2011

Alex's Ultimate Pizza Crust

I hope everyone had a great weekend! What did you do?


My beautiful roomie from college came to visit and we packed the weekend with our favorite things to do together!

Fashion - I'm not very good at following all the latest trends and keeping my closet current, but that's why I have Alex. She cleaned out her closet and brought me a full tote bin + a bag of clothes + a bag of shoes. Yes!! Friday night I tried everything on and decided what fit and what I liked. Then we cleaned out my closet and got rid of some hideous clothes and shoes. Whew! It's so refreshing to clear out. We ended up with 5 big bags of shoes and clothes to donate. We added a few pics to my Pinterest account with some fashion tips for me. Apparently I need to own more than 2 belts.

Cooking - We always love working in the kitchen together. Senior year of college we had an apartment and we cooked almost every night.
    • Alex loves macaroons, so when I found a recipe for Almond & Coconut Macaroon Granola I knew we had to make it. The house smelled so good! Plus it was quick and easy to make.
    • Saturday night we made black bean burgers from my new Peas & Thank You cookbook. They held up great on the grill & Alex liked her first bean burger so much she copied down the recipe to try at home! On the side we had kale chips & grilled sweet potato beer fries - I might share the recipe with some how-tos in the future...keep your eye out! :-)
    • On Sunday, we made personal pizzas. I always use Alex's pizza crust recipe, but it's even better when she makes it for me! (Recipe below!)

S'Mores - Please note, this does not fall in the same category as cooking. S'mores are a tradition. We made them every Wed. night in college, but they're sooooo much better over a campfire than they were in the dorm microwave!

Roller blading - In college, we would go roller blading a couple times a week. It's still one of my main forms of exercise, but she lives in the country and doesn't get to go very often. We squeezed in a workout between rains on Sunday. Then a couple hours later the sun came out! Should've waited...

Laughing - Constantly. Her laugh is contagious. :-)



Alex's Ultimate Pizza Crust
Makes 2 medium thin crust pizzas

1 c warm water
1 pkg active dry yeast
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 c unbleached white flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 T extra virgin olive oil

In a large glass bowl, combine water and yeast and let set for about 10 minutes or until the yeast begins to bubble. Add flours, salt, and olive oil. Stir, then knead for 5 minutes. Remove dough to an oiled bowl; cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size. Divide in half, roll into balls, and cover. Let rise for 15-20 min. Shape into a pizza crust and top with desired ingredients. Bake at 425*F for 12-17 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...