September 14, 2011

Anniversary Dinner


Thanks to everyone for the well wishes! :-)

For our anniversary dinner, we went to the Mount Hill Tavern.


Lots of sun on the way there. Traffic was crazy!


Our appetizer: Spicy Artichoke & Spinach Hummus w/ pita bread, cucumbers, and pepperoncini

The hummus by itself wasn't overly flavorful, but when I had a slice of the pepperoncini with it on the pita, it really brought out the flavors.


The Bup's drink: Malbec  (aged in a wood cask, which gave it a strong flavor that he loves!)
My drink: Sea Dog Blueberry Wheat Ale   (I love berry beers!)


The Bup's salad: Caesar Salad with garlic-parmesan vinaigrette, brioche croutons, and shaved parmesan cheese.

Of course he got this. He's a caesar salad man.


My salad: Seasonal Lettuces with mustard vinaigrette, gorgonzola, sugared walnuts, and pears

I had this the first time we went there and it was the main item I was looking forward to having again. Delicious!


The Bup's dinner: Ricotta Gnocchis with wild mushroom ragout, leeks, mascarpone cheese, sun-dried tomatoes & artichokes.

I had a few bites, of course, and this was excellent! I loved the addition of sun-dried tomatoes.

My soup: Vegetable Barley with Mushroom

This soup had a good flavor blend, but it wasn't my favorite soup of all time. I think I would have liked it more with some kidney beans in it.


Our first experience at the Mount Hill Tavern was much better than this one, mostly becasue of the wait staff. Our waitress last time was very attentive and willing to help whereas this time our waiter didn't seemed to want to be there. We ended up going across the street for dessert at 3B's Ice Cream because we were tired of waiting. The Bup got Strawberry Cheesecake and I had Mocha Cookie. Both flavors were excellent!


He treats me like a princess! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...