September 2, 2011

All Worked Out


Can we talk about how it's suddenly September? What happened to summer?



  • Happy Labor Day weekend! This is my first offical one since joining the work world, as my office is actually closed on Monday. Before, it was hit or miss whether I'd work or not, so its been a treat to know in advance that I have a 3-day weekend coming up!

  • We turned off the A/C over a week ago & are enjoying the breezes through our windows. Anyone else love that as much as I do?

  • Every night we try to eat on the patio. It's hard to believe that for awhile it was too hot to eat out there. We were sweating into our food!


{source}
Love these! What would I do without them?!

  • I switched from tank tops to t-shirts for my morning roller blading. I actually wore gloves on Wed. morning because on Tues. my hands hurt from the cold (just picture that...shorts, t-shirt, gloves. I'm stylin'). What am I going to do when it's snowy and I can't roller blade? I've gone at least 4 times a week this whole summer. I know it's old school, but it's so freeing to glide along. I used to figure skate and this is the closest I come now.

  • September & October are my favorite months now that I'm out of school. I love the crisp air, the falling leaves, and the warm clothes that come with fall. Here's a post of what I was up to last September.
 
  • Fall also means it's pumpkin & apple time! Cinnamon is my favorite spice and all the fall foods just beg for lots of it. Plus pumpkin beer will be back!

  • I'm sure my love of fall has nothing to do with my birthday being in October. Nothing at all. But before that is my dad's birthday.

    I'm pretty sure this was the night of my first demo derby. Laura & I fueled up with a bowl of black olives, our traditional appetizer. Later, I ripped my pants on the bumper of one of the demo cars.

  • Tomorrow evening we'll be at the Sullivan County Fair Demolition Derby. Wooo! Totally hick, and totally fun. If you've never been to one, you must go. Just don't forget to bring earplugs.

We're all packed to leave for the cabin as soon as we get home from work. By the time you're reading this, we'll be on the way or there.

Have a wonderful weekend!!


I need to keep this in mind:
Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.  ~J. Lubbock



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...