This is totally how Tink is! I found it on Pinterest & had to take a pic to send to W. (He doesn't have Pinterest...guess that's for the better.) She seriously will be laying there, practically asleep, & then get up & dash into another room, only to dash back. Crazy cats...
We tried another new beer this week! Atwater Brewery in Detroit makes this VooDoo Vator. It was a dark beer (a doppelbock), but didn't have that smoky flavor some do. I was glad - that's the main thing I dislike about dark beers. It was great to split, especially because it has a high alcohol content (ABV 8.5%).
This weekend is our church's 50th celebration. We're having a dinner tonight & then a special church service tomorrow. It should be a great time!
Here's what we've been eating in the last week:
- Baked portobella caps
- Sauteed kale
- Kath Eats Real Food's Sweet Potato Gnocchis - I made a full batch of these & froze some for meals in the future. I wish I had doubled the recipe because once I was in the roll/slice/boil/ice/freeze process, it would've been easy to keep going! They were super creamy & I can't wait to eat the rest!
- Penne & Cheeze Veggie Casserole - In the mix this time: onions, peppers, mushrooms, & roasted kabocha squash with GF brown rice penne.
- Cornbread stuffed squash
- Roasted cauliflower, onion, cranberry medley with balsamic vinaigrette
- Jalapeno cornbread
- Green salad with chickpeas & roasted red peppers
- Date night at Lancaster Brewing Co.
- Trader Joe's Sipping Chocolate
- Jessica's Chocolate Chip Cookies & Cream Pumpkin Marshmallow Ice Cream - Yes, you read that right. It really is everything you could want and more, all in one ice cream flavor! I used canned coconut milk instead of the cream & whole milk, making it vegan! Soooooo good!
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Tone It Up's GF Almond coconut biscotti
- Granola cookies (made by Mom)