September 24, 2012

3J's Coffee


Our favorite way to spend Saturday mornings is with a bike ride to the farmer's market, then to 3J's Coffee for breakfast, & then out on a 10-14 mile bike ride. It's a great way to start the weekend!

We really enjoy going to 3J's. I can't believe I haven't blogged about it before. Their food is delicious & we always find something new to try. For awhile, they had an Almond Coconut flavored coffee that was fantastic. Then they switched to Whoopie Pie flavored, which we bought a bag of to enjoy at home. It smells like you're brewing a whoopie pie!


The Bup's favorites include the Vegetable Breakfast Pizza above & the Very Veggie Omelet. He's less adventurous with flavored coffee than I am, so he gets the house blend coffee. It's strong & fragrant - just what he loves.


I've tried something new every time we've gone. This trip, I had the Haitian French Toast, which was a French baguette dipped in orange & cinnamon, topped with orange marmalade. The orange flavor really stood out. It was pretty sweet (I didn't need to add any syrup!), but delicious! This time, I tried the Pumpkin Chai Tea instead of my usual ice coffee. It was perfectly spiced for this fall weather we're having.

Past breakfasts I've had include the Baked Oatmeal, Buttermilk Pancakes with the Fresh Fruit Bowl (you get tons of fruit!), & the Fruit Parfait. I also had one of their French toast specials that included Macadamia Nut topping. Yum!

Part of what we love is that the owners always recognize us & come over to say hi. They even know that we ride our bikes there! Little touches like that keep us coming back even more than we might otherwise.

We went for dinner one Friday night, also, & enjoyed some of the live music. It was a relaxed atmosphere & we had fun. I do like their breakfasts better than the dinner, but breakfast is my favorite meal, so I'm biased! If you have a chance, I highly recommend trying 3J's.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...