September 1, 2012

Tasty Tidbits

Happy Labor Day Weekend!!! We're headed for a long weekend with family & friends at the cabin. I can't wait for 3 days of fresh air.

Here's what we've been eating in the last week:

Breakfasts
Lunches


Dinners

Sunday:
  • Garden Chili - I found the recipe shown above in one of the free newspapers that comes each week. It was very good & not heavy like some chilis. Perfect for an end of summer soup!
    • We omitted the yellow squash, cilantro & meat, & increased the kale to 2 cups. It's a pretty flexible recipe, as most soups are.
  • Cabbage slaw (shredded cabbage, carrots, & bell pepper w/ apple cider vinegar, agave nectar, salt & pepper) - My grandma gave us a huge head of cabbage that we're finally finishing!


Monday:
Tuesday:
  • Broccoli, tomato & eggplant stir fry with broiled tofu & brown rice, cooked in Trader Joe's Green Curry Simmer Sauce - I received the sauce as a Christmas present & forgot about it until now. I was very impressed with the ingredient list & the flavor. It was especially good combined with the tomato juices that cooked off when I heated the tomatoes.
Wednesday:
  • Tastefully Simple Party!
Thursday:
  • Corn on the cob
  • Balsamic tomatoes from Cooking Light (minus the asparagus, because we don't have any...we're clearing out the fridge!)
  • Random leftovers like hummus, coleslaw & grilled onion
Friday:
  • We're trying a new vegan restaurant that I found on the way to the cabin for the weekend!
Desserts
  • Mama Pea's Double Chocolate, Single Chin Brownies - These are my favorite brownies. They're rich & chocolatey without being laden with heavy fats. Plus they're made with whole wheat flour & no one would ever know!
  • Banana Soft Serve on a cone - I just discovered that I can put this on a cone! I like to hide a treat in it, like a spoonful of cookie butter or a cookie dough ball.
  • Katie's No Bake Oreo Cookies - We had these, minus the filling, crumbled in our banana soft serve. While these aren't exactly like an Oreo, you can definitely taste a resemblance & it's waaaaay healthier.
  • Fig Tart, made by Mom - I never had a fresh fig before this year. They're amazing!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...