(Pumpkin, my first kitty. I miss her!)
Here's what we've been eating in the last week:
- Cake Duchess' Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake - I lightened this up a little by subbing applesauce for half the butter & used white whole wheat flour for extra fiber. The lemon flavor is very prevalent, which we loved!
- Overnight oats with zucchini & peanut butter
- Cereal: Puffed Millet, Puffed rice & Puffed Kamut with vanilla almond milk on it.
- Fresh fruit: peaches, banana
- Baked sweet potato wedges
- Roasted Broccoli
- Plums, apples
- Eggplant Chickpea Dip
- Mama Pea's Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookies
- Joy's Whole Wheat Flatbreads, used as the crust for veggie pizza. Toppers were balsamic glazed cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced zucchini, green bell pepper, swiss chard, & shredded provolone cheese
- Whole wheat penne pasta with zucchini, onions, peppers, swiss chard, & garlic, topped with a sauce made from eggplant chickpea dip thinned with tomato juice. - This was a throw-extra-veggies-together meal & turned out to be delicious. When I saw how much dip I had, I decided to repurpose it instead of freezing half. It turned into a creamy sauce that was also healthy!
- Dad's Special Birthday Cake - Carrot Spice Cake - I added some cinnamon to the frosting this time & it was so good!
- Jessica's Oatmeal Peanut Butter Snack Squares - These were really quick & easy to make. For the huge amount of pb in them, they weren't all that nutty, but we still loved them! The edges & top get nice & crispy while the center stayed soft.
- Ice cream cups from a lady in choir to celebrate her birthday