September 22, 2012

Tasty Tidbits


I really can't handle the cuteness of our kitten! Tink just tucks herself in wherever we are. And she's so tiny that she can't help but be adorable.

When I was saying bye to her one morning, I jumped back into a plank position to be down on her level. The Bup was making fun of me, so he did the same thing to mock me. Tink came right over, faced us, & jumped all of her paws out just like we had done. Yoga kitty!!!

Her interest in yoga was confirmed the next morning when she joined me on the yoga mat. She got a better workout than I did! She was running & pouncing all over the place, especially on the shadows that my arms were casting on the carpet. Downward-facing dog was her favorite move; she was intrigued & kept attacking my feet.


We're going hiking with friends this weekend. Can't wait to spend the day outside in the fall air!


Here's what we've been eating in the last week:

Breakfasts
  • Pumpkin baked oatmeal with peanut butter & Trader Joe's Cranberry Apple Butter
  • Pineapple yogurt with homemade granola
  • Marla's Peanut Butter Pumpkin Muffins (gluten free & vegan!) - I love the texture that the almond flour adds to these!
  • Cereal: Puffed Millet, Puffed rice & Puffed Kamut with vanilla almond milk on it.
  • Fresh fruit: nectarines, bananas
Lunches


Dinners

Sunday:
Cooking over the campfire!
  • Tofu dogs on whole wheat potato rolls
  • Vegetable foil packets (zucchini, bell pepper, red onion)
  • Roasted cherry tomatoes


Monday:
  • Hersheypark for the evening!
Tuesday:
  • Broccoli & tempeh stir fry
  • Green Salad
Wednesday:
  • Use Up the Veggies Soup
  • Jenny's No Knead Sourdough Bread - This has a wondeful crust! Nevermind that I set off the smoke detector while preheating the oven...oops...
  • Green Salad
Thursday:
Traditional choir night dinner at Mom & Pops' house. 
  • Cooking Light Magazine's Tomato and Asparagus "Carbonara", with eggplant instead of the asparagus - We all agreed this is a keeper recipe!
  • Green Salad
  • Kale, beet, carrot & apple medley
Friday:

Treats

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...