September 2, 2012

Going Red

I've tried a variety of things with my hair over the years. It's been all different lengths, a few different colors, & lots of different styles. I haven't dyed it years, though, in an effort to stick with my natural shade & avoid unnecessary chemicals.

A few weeks ago, I got an email from VocalPoint asking if I wanted to sample Clairol Nice ‘n Easy Non-Permanent Hair Color . I took their survey & apparently I qualified, because they sent me a coupon for a free box.
  

I dyed it myself, which was a first for me. It wasn't hard at all! I thought I'd have a huge mess & dye everywhere, but there wasn't. After it set for 15 minutes, I rinsed it out. The only casualty was a spot on my bathroom rug. I got a little over-zealous with the squirt bottle at the end!


It's ammonia free & washes out in 28 shampoos. Perfect, because I didn't want anything permanent. I got the Deep Mahogany, which based on my hair color, would be a subtle reddish hue.


As you can see, it's not so subtle...but it is a fun color change for fall! And it's great to know that it'll slowly wash out, so I'm enjoying the fun of being a redhead for a little while. Then, back to natural!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...